” When life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade rather make lemon rice” – Deepika
Learn this quick and easy lemon rice recipe that has a punchy, zesty flavor. I love to eat it with pickle or yogurt. A secret tip to make this lemon rice is to make sure you use fresh lemons and add enough mustard seeds.
- A big Smile
- 1 cup cooked rice or leftover rice
- 1 tsp mustard seeds, oil
- 10-12 curry leaves
- 1/2 cup peanuts roasted
- 1/2 cup chana dal and urad dal roasted (optional)
- 1/2 inch piece ginger roasted
- Spices – turmeric, asafoetida, salt (as per your taste)
- Juice of 2 lemons (as per your taste)
- 1-2 green chilies
Follow the below steps
- Heat oil on the pan, add urad dal, chana dal , peanuts (you can roast dal prior, i like to roast them together). After 1-2 mins, add mustard seeds, curry leaves, ginger, green chillies, asafoetida and salt.
- Add cooked rice or leftover rice and mix everything well.
- Turn off the stove and let it cool for a min or so, and then add the lemon juice.
Before you eat, you can say “Anna Daata Sukhi Bhava” in your mind. This small prayer means that all the people who were responsible for this meal be happy. i.e. the person who cooked, who got the groceries, the farmer, etc.