I love how versatile Ragi is, I can cook a 5 course meal out of Raagi. First of all, this recipe is meant to satisfy your taste buds if you are craving something healthy. I have not used any frosting or icing or sugar. But you can use it if you want. I prefer not to add any unnecessary calories.
Anyways we are here to talk about this healthy, sugarfree recipe.
Ingredients – (please try to stick to the measurements)
- A big Smile
- 3/4th cup raagi flour
- 3/4th cup whole wheat flour
- 3tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/3rd cup plain dahi or yogurt or curd
- 1 cup jaggery is recommended but i used 1/2 a cup jaggery, you can even use sugar if you dont’ have jaggery.
- 2/3 cup oil or unsalted butter
Follow the below steps –
- Preheat the oven to 160 C for 15 minutes
- Sieve raagi flour, whole wheat flour, cocoa powder, well, Start adding yogurt, baking soda, baking powder, vanilla extract, oil in the same mixture one after another and mix it well. (It does not have to be in any order, Also Do not over mix it)
- Grease the pan (if you are making a cake) or cupcake mould well, use parchment paper wherever necessary.
- Place the mixture in the oven pan and let it bake for 20-25 mins if you are making a cake OR 15 mins for cupcakes. (I tend to open it after every 7-8 mins to check how much its baked)
- Once done, remove it and allow it to cool down for at least 5-8 mins.
- You can add frosting or icing if you would like. You can use whipped cream as a frosting too if you want, I didn’t add any for avoiding unwanted calories.
Before you eat, you can say “Anna Daata Sukhi Bhava” in your mind. This small prayer means that all the people who were responsible for this meal be happy. i.e. the person who cooked, who got the groceries, the farmer, etc.